[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #214

In a message dated 24/09/2002 12:52:05 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> My Blood sugars have been very reasonable over the last couple of months.
> Recently we had the death of a close relation in the family.  since that
> time my blood sugars have run quite high 8 - 21.  However it is not at any
> paticular time so it is hard to make adjustments.  I am wondering if maybe
> there is a little stress lurking around.  Does this raise blood sugars?

Sorry to hear about your bereavement.  Yes, stress does cause blood sugars to
rise.  I remember my mum taking us to clinic with for our check-ups and we
were always sky high because we used to worry all the way there about seeing
the doctor and having a blood test which we hated.  My mum always felt
inadequate as if she wasn't doing the job properly.

I am sure your sugar levels will sort themselves out eventually.  I think
stress and adrenaline have the same sort of effect.