Re: [IPk] Medtronic Helpline Number

On Monday 23 Sep 2002 4:07 pm, Diana Maynard wrote:
> Apparently the oncall
> person is actually the US 24 hour helpline (a 1800 number, though it's not
> free from the UK), so I would have been better off calling them in the
> first place directly.

That surprises me. I just assumed that if you dial a UK number, and are then
forwarded by them to a US number, you are *only* paying for the UK call - the
rest is paid for by the company you're calling. For e.g., if I ring my fiance
at work, but he has his phone diverted to his mobile, I am still only paying
for a landline call, not a call to a mobile.

I hope my assumption wasn't wrong - but at least it would explain the phone
bill. *grin*

* "2002: A Discworld Odyssey" * Web: http://www.dwcon.org/ *