[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #211

In a message dated 20/09/2002 20:42:51 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Marilyn Angles <email @ redacted>
> I have been insulin dependent diabetic for past 10 years with erratic
> control. I am now considering using an insulin pump. I am very active and
> play quite a lot of tennis. I need to reduce my HBA1c and regain control of
> my life.
> Any help gratefully accepted.

Hello Marilyn

Welcome to the list first of all.  I have bought a pump for my daughter and I
may get one for myself.  I have just come back from a Diabetes UK Weekend and
saw a 5-year-old on a pump and having his infusion set changed in front of
me, and I can honestly say that it was better for him not having to do 2, 3
or 4 injections a day.  My daughter watched the changing of the infusion set
and wasn't in the slightest bit upset by it because the little boy didn't
even feel it.

The best thing you can do is ring the pump companies and ask for information
packs.  One of them send you a video to watch which I found helpful in making
my decision.

(mulitiple siblings with diabetes, diabetic myself & so is daughter)