Re: [IPk] minimed 508 problems

I rang again at 8.30 this morning and finally got through to someone who
relogged the call as a new call - again, no explanation for why noone had
called me yesterday.
Anyway, an hour later I got a call from someone at Minimed in the US, and
they agreed to ship me a replacement pump to an address in the US. They
couldn't say how long it would take, but hopefully it will be there by
Tuesday when I arrive.

Theguy said that they'd seen that problem before with the pump and it was
definitely an internal error and usually the pump needed replacing in this
They actually offered me either a straight replacement pump - to keep - or a
loan pump while they fixed mine. So I went for a straight replacement pump
which will be the same model, colour etc.

I've managed to get through the last two days without resorting to injections
yet - by a longwinded process whereby about 1 in 10 attempts to bolus is
successful. Every few hours the pump tells me there is no power, when clearly
there still is power and everything keep going! it randomly tells me
occasionally the battery is low, and then removes the battery low sign a bit

Anyway, hopefully it will last till I get my replacement!