Re: [IPk] minimed 508 problems

In message <008501c26164$53b9bae0$email @ redacted>, Tony O'Sullivan
<email @ redacted> writes
> why
>not ask the clinic to give you Glargine? It is the new smooth basal insulin,
>and should be a good alternative to pumping in a fix.

Glargine is only suitable as an emergency pump-alternative for people
with fairly constant basal rates, in my opinion.  It's 'smooth' curve'
is absolutely useless for people like me who need nearly 1/u p/h while
the dawn phenomenon / morning resistance are working their worst, but
only 0.1/u p/h during the late afternoon.  For us, a shot of actrapid in
the wee small hours, and small shots of H during the day is far better!

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, must get some actrapid ....
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)