Re: [IPk] minimed 508 problems

Get them to send you a replacement pump NOW.

This may be cured by taking out the batteries, putting in a new set of
batteries in half an hour or so .... but you don't want to find as Bev
and I did that it's a more serious problem!

Best wishes,

In message <000701c2613f$1f3fbd20$email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi folks
>Has anyone had this problem before?
>When I press either the SEL or the top right button, the screen goes blank
>and then acts as if the battery has just been put in (flashes a whole mass
>of things on the screen, then says Ver 08b and then goes back to normal) but
>doesn't let me do anything. So I can't bolus at all. It's been happening
>randomly since last night - sometimes one of the buttons will work,
>sometimes they won't.
>I've just had breakfast and managed to get it to give me half a unit in half
>an hour of trying. Still trying to take the other 2 units!
>Just rung Medtronic and the person I spoke to had never heard of an insulin
>pump! But she has passed my details onto someone who is going to ring me
>back, with any luck!
>Of course it's the weekend, and I'm off to the US on Tuesday, so I don't
>want to be pumpless when I go!!!

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)