[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #210 weight gain/Brain Study

About 8 years ago I volunteered for a study on Brain activity at different
Blood sugar levels that was conducted by the Diabetes research team at Guys.
It involved three 1 hour sessions in the Brain Scan machine (which in those
days lived in the basement at St Thomas's) while they took 3D pictures of
your brain - I got some copies as a reward and to prove to my doubting
friends that I do have a brain.
I had the first scan with a very high BS, about 20 and the second very low,
about 2. For the third my sugar level was increased from 2 to about 15
during the scan.
What they learnt from this, I am afraid they never told me! As I have never
been asked to do the scan again I assume there are no long term results.

Ian Grant