[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #209 Saline Vials

In the "good" old days when pumps were first used (1981 for me) you could
not adjust the basal rate on the Mill Hill Infuser - you were stuck with the
manufacturers' setting. Therefore you had to dilute your U100 Insulin with
saline to get the right mix for you. Although I cannot remember the exact
basal rate, I know I was diluting 1ml of insulin with 4ml saline.
The saline came in a box of 24 x 10ml glass vials and I had to get supplies
from my Clinic (Peter Bishop Metabolic Ward at Guys). I was never able to
actually buy the boxes.

Ian Grant