Re: [IPk] Further 508 Experiments

In message <email @ redacted>,
Smith, Beverley <email @ redacted> writes
>>Then I wondered about pushing down on
>> the top of the syringe, and was horrified to see a huge jet
>of insulin
>> gush out the end!
>Do you mean that you pushed on the ouside of the case or that
>you pushed down on the exposed end that is connected to the
>tubing? I guess if you push inwards on the end connected to
>the tubing (ie pushing it back into the case) then this has
>the effect of trapping the plunger against the end of the
>case and it is effectively pushed down.  But doesn't the
>clear plastic neck (I use the short method) inside the case
>stop any movement backwards and forwards of the syringe?
Aaaggh!  No clear plastic neck!  I was in such a rush to get the pump
back on (this is an emergency replacement), that I completely forgot
about it .... it took three hours, and taking the box apart, to find the
bit of plastic.  According to the book, it comes fitted in ... but
someone had taken it out and buried it under the foam at the bottom of
the box!

Now my new pump rattles and twists about as much as the old one!  I hope
that comes back soon ... most of my winter formal wear is dresses, and I
can't do that without a remote! does anyone else have their pump back
yet?  Or are we all still on replacements?

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana
Maynard <email @ redacted> asked
>Hi Pat
>I presume this is using the long fill method where you have a bit of the
>reservoir sticking out of the end of the pump, and that you pushed down on
>that sticking out bit?
I use the short fill method, and in this the end of the connector pokes
out (not the syringe itself, but since it's screwed onto the syringe, it
allows one to push down on it).  I agree, with the long method, there
are even more opportunities to be dug in the ribs! - which is why I use
the short, too.

Best wishes,

(dm 30, 508 1+, stupid all her life)
Pat Reynolds