[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #210

In a message dated 19/09/2002 19:18:24 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> When I started on my Minimed last year, the nurse at
> Kings provided me with a saline solution. I used this
> for a day then switched to insulin.
> I can't believe they are expecting you to sort it out
> yourself!
> Jenny

Hello Jenny

I was quite surprised at this too but our hospital has never even seen a pump
before and our surgery has never heard of one.  I suppose if we were at a
hospital where they had come across the pumps before, it would be easier but
our surgery actually offered me a bag of saline that they use for drips.  I
don't know!  Maybe one day our area will come out of the dark ages.