Re: [IPk] Funding

Hi John

There are two pumpers including myself who are funded by the Rochdale/Bury
PCT. I was initially turned down for funding. We both attend the diabetes
centre at Hope Hospital in Salford who helped us obtain funding.

The Rochdale diabetes unit do not have any pumpers and I would suspect that
they know little about pump therapy. Where is your diabetes treated at the
moment and is this where you obtained your pump? Who if anyone is funding it
at present?

I think that the first thing that you would need to do is get registered with
a GP in Rochdale, ideally with one who has some knowledge of pump therapy.
Then you will need to get referred to a diabetes centre that deals with
patients using pumps. Besides the one at Hope Hospital, there is the Diabetes
Centre at the MRI in central Manchester.