RE: [IPk] Further 508 Experiments

>Then I wondered about pushing down on
> the top of the syringe, and was horrified to see a huge jet
of insulin
> gush out the end!

Do you mean that you pushed on the ouside of the case or that
you pushed down on the exposed end that is connected to the
tubing? I guess if you push inwards on the end connected to
the tubing (ie pushing it back into the case) then this has
the effect of trapping the plunger against the end of the
case and it is effectively pushed down.  But doesn't the
clear plastic neck (I use the short method) inside the case
stop any movement backwards and forwards of the syringe?

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422