[IPk] Further 508 Experiments

Dear All,

Changing my set yesterday afternoon, experimented again.  Twisting the
end of the syringe this time had no effect.  Shaking the pump, however,
caused a 'delay' of 0.3 units.  Then I wondered about pushing down on
the top of the syringe, and was horrified to see a huge jet of insulin
gush out the end!  Priming showed that this was about 1.4 units (enough
to drop my blood glucose by over 3 points!).

The syringe can be pushed down because the lever at the opening doesn't
grip the syringe, just rests on it.  I'm not sure whether the lever was
better on my own pump, or whether it's just this loan which is faulty
(and it is a fault, surely?).

It takes a fairly firm push to make the syringe move - I can only
remember doing this accidentally early on, when I had it in the wrong
place for driving, and dug myself in the ribs while executing a 3-point

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, would much rather have the odd unit delivered
unexpectedly by the pump than the odd tens of units delivered
unexpectedly by mdi)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)