Re: [IPk] Saline vials

The nurse at the clinic gave me mine whilst the Minimed nurse educated me.

Heather

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony O'Sullivan
Sent: 18 September 2002 22:36
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Saline vials

Jesus Babs I can't believe the pump company cannot foot the bill for those!
It is downright lazy and penny-pinching of them. In any case DO NOT, under
any circumstances, use saline from anything but a single-use vial of sterile
solution for iv injection. These are usually glass, and you have to break
the top off (carefully) to access the contents. You do need a prescription
for them, although any hospital clinic would be able to simply hand them to
you for pump try-outs, without making a song and dance. Some surgeries, but
not all, should have them too. Ask the practice nurse.

Regards,

Tony