Re: [IPk] Saline vials

Why do you need more saline?  My nurse gave me five vials, and I didn't
use more than three! About six months ago, I finally threw the other two
away.  Phone your support nurse up and ask for more!

I personally, liked the approach of starting with saline: it gives you
the opportunity to play with the buttons 'for real' for a few days, and
gets you confident.  Since you do the intensive bg measurement for that
period, you get a nice set of results to show how much you are
improving, too.  And since drawing up the saline is far more difficult
than working with insulin in a phial, it all starts to seem a lot easier
once you start on insulin.

Best wishes,

>Does anyone know how I can get hold of 10ml vials of saline?  I have been to
>the surgery and they only have 25ml sachets (but they said this was a
>cleaning fluid) so I went to Boots and they said the same.  They said that if
>I went to my doctor again and requested a prescription for them, Boots could
>get them in.  They said it was possible to get them but they were not allowed
>to sell them to me.  I suppose I will have to go back to the doctor.  Is that
>what all you pump users had to do in the beginning?

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)