Re: [IPk] Research request - insulin weight gai

In a message dated 18/09/2002 15:24:08 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Subject: Re: [IPk] Research request - insulin weight gain

I have been a diabetic for 29+ years and have been on the pump for 18 months.
 Everything is going well with the pump (except the NHS funding thing but I
am making progress).  I purchased the pump in the States (I am an American
that has been transplanted in the UK).  I have talked to several PCT people
and they say the NHS is "committed to the continuity of care".  This may work
to my advantage.
Now...onto my real question.
Does anybody know of any studies done on diabetics that has studied the
effects of highs and lows on the brain over many years?  Kind of a weird
question, but I have always wondered.