Re: [IPk] Research request - insulin weight gain

Hi Julian
I don't know of any official studies.
The issue is compounded by the problem that when first used to treat someone,
it generally means that their BG levels have been high previously, and this
in itself causes weight loss. So getting BG levels to normal (by using
insulin) often causes weight gain - not because of the insulin per se, but
because the weight loss - or weight maintenance - due to high BGs has stopped.
Di