[IPk] Research request - insulin weight gain

Does anyone know of any studies showing that use of insulin causes weight
gain when first used to treat someone with diabetes?

(I am having a conversation about the balance between the gain being caused
by the insulin itself and by the new freedom possible in diet causing the
weight gain).

The question relates to Type II and is about whether insulin should be used
more on Type IIs or whether a lot of work should be done on motivation first
- which would reduce the need for insulin if successful.

The best I have come up with so far is some people who lose weight when their
insulin does falls after going onto a pump.

Answers welcome on or off list.