RE: [IPk] freestyle, holiday lows and overnight insulin!

Hi Debbie

Thanks for your message.  Sorry about my slow response - I only got back from
Fuerteventura yesterday!

I now have a FreeStyle - Boots ordered it for me.  I've tried it a few times
and like it, but I really need to use up my Esprit supplies before I get any
more strips for the FreeStyle, otherwise my GP might not be so

Regarding my holiday, I kept up with 4 BG tests a day (I'm still on MDI at the
mo) and was surprised at how low I can go without feeling any symptoms.  I'm
hoping the pump will help me become hypo aware again.

Regarding overnight insulin, I found while I was away that I got better
morning BG tests by not having any Humulin I, but having a similar amount of
Actrapid when I woke up for a wee at about 5am.  No doubt my BGs were all over
the place between tests, but at least the morning one was good.  I had to have
extra Actrapid at breakfast time, too, to avoid a high before lunch.  I'll
probably stick with this routine now until I start pumping NEXT TUESDAY!!

Cheers everyone