Re: [IPk] Instruction Video for 508

Don't worry about not seeing the video ... I saw it after I started
pumping and am glad I didn't see it before, because it would have
frightened me .... frightened me into thinking that being a pumper turns
one into a 'stupid American' (sorry, Michael and Melissa - that is to
say that they are all American, and all stupid - not that all Americans
are stupid).

Amongst the foolishness ... having a pump means you carry less kit
around!!!  Ha!  Tell that to my handbag!

What you were shown by your pump nurse, backed up by sneaky looks at the
instruction booklet is fine by itself for the first few days.  Then use
'Pumping Insulin' to learn how to really make it work!

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, carts around the contents of a small branch of Boots

>Hello everyone
>The Minimed 508 came today and I sat down to familiarise myself with it and
>couldn't get past the first page because it says you have to sit down with
>the pump and remote in your hand whilst you watch the video.  By the time you
>have watched the video, you should have learnt the following......
>Thing is, there is no video.  Have they stopped enclosing them or should I
>have one?

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)