RE: [IPk] Question for parents of young pumpersl

Hi Heather

Sasha is not pumping but I have a "one page A4 guideline sheet" for Sasha.
This tells the school what to do according to her bg.  I can attach a copy
if you want and send it off list.  You can change the amounts of
juice/glucose tablets etc to suit your child.  We have the school phone us
if her bg is over 16mmols.  Which it rarely is.  Our school refused to be
involved in testing so Sasha had to learn to do it pretty quick, she was
four when she was diagnosed.  Your school sounds brilliant.  My school is
one of the many reasons why we are not pumping just yet.

I just tell them to phone me if they are concerned.  I wasn't happy with
last years teachers as they often didn't bother to let me know when things
were going wrong.

By the way, if you want to talk to other parents of young children with
diabetes there in a UK children with diabetes mailing list now.  We have
several parents that are on this list as well but other parents that are a
similar age but not pumping.  If you are interested in joining us for
discussions about aspects of diabetes that are particularly relevant to
children you can mail me for more information.

email @ redacted

Jackie,
Mum of Sasha aged 8 dx 1999, twin sister Rebecca, both coeliac 2001
Mum also to Danni and Nicola, wife to Terry