RE: [IPk] Pump Trials + Questions

Hi Julian

I have a half-way house agreement and I funded everything
orginally myself to begin with.  It took me a year to get
funding (for consumables - I must try them for back-costs)
and I could identify a clear medical requirement based on the
fact that although my Hba1Cs have always been good (6.
something) I had repeated hypos at night due to dawn
phenomena ie I needed more insulin between 1 am and 4 am and
as I gave my night insulin at 10 pm this meant I was hypo
around 1 am most nights.  This is clearly not good when your
husband travels and you have 2 small children to look after.
It took a lot of phone calls and letters before they caved in
but if you annoy them enough they seem to capitulate in the

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422