Re: [IPk] Charlie Dalton

In message <007a01c25cfb$d3e8a0e0$email @ redacted>, Barbara Dalton
<email @ redacted> writes
>Can anyone tell me - when there is a blockage and the alarm sounds how
>audible is the alarm - can it be turned to vibrate like a mobile? As a
>chorister this small detail could be crucial in his final decision.

It is such a shame that John isn't around at the moment, because he
could reassure Charlie as one music professional to another.  John is an
opera singer, currently, we all hope, recovering well from surgery last

Both pumps can be set to vibrate rather than audibly alarm, although
both _do_ audibly alarm if the vibration is ignored.  It's always
possible (although _not_ recommended) to turn it off rather than dealing
with the alarm.  It should be possible (unless the cathedral wears very
untraditional robes!) to have the pump in a pocket, in a 'thing' (a
velcro strap with a lycra pocket attached), or clipped to clothing, in a
place where from whence it can be discretely fished out, should it
alarm.  The tube comes in different lengths, so if, for some reason, he
ends up wanting to have it strapped to his cuff while being inserted in
his thigh, that won't be a problem.

He might want to go for a boring colour model, or get a cover for it
which will not contrast with his robes.  A sports case might be useful
for day-to-day wear, to protect it from roller-blading crashes, and
those come colours more in keeping with a roller-blading lifestyle.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)