Re: [IPk] Re: Minimed 508

Hi Bev
I don't think there's a specific BG at which you need to phone the doctor. If
it's a one-off then no matter how high (as long as you are still conscious!)
then you should try to bring it back down. If it doesn't start coming down
after a few hours and it is very high and/or you have ketones for few more
than a few hours then you might want to ring your doctor. I think it really
depends on the cause. If there is a known reason (like a problem with the
pump / infusion set / miscalculated bolus / whatever) then it's likely to
come down once you either take an injection or sort out the pump problem.
I think basically if you're worried, your BGs are high and **staying** high
and you can't get them down then it's time to ring the doctor. Having a high
BG - even in the 30s - for a few hours is not in itself a problem as long as
it responds and starts coming down once you do something about it.
Di