RE: [IPk] Re: Minimed 508

Hi Caroline

I have my second 508 (boring charcoal I want my funky blue
one back!) and have never experienced the kind of problem
that you describe.  Yes the syringe wobbles (I have noticed
it myself) but it has never resulted in any delivery
problems.  I have one on loan as mine failed when all the
buttons failed to work (as described previously) and I
bolused with a syringe until the replacement arrived (basals
worked fine).  My only possible episode of DKA occurred when
I changed the infusion set before going to bed (stupid stupid
stupid) and woke up 6 hours later feeling like death.  BGM
was 24.  I corrected with a syringe and went back to bed for
90 minutes.  I then got up changed the infusion and went to
work.  BGM back to normal by mid-morning and I felt fine.  I
have often wondered though at what BGM I should phone the

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422