[IPk] Re: Minimed 508

Hi Pat,

The problem is mainly with the top end of the reservoir not being held down
by anything - in my 507 the clip across the neck holds it completely snugly.
This means the top part of the reservoir can be made to rotate around the
plunger. Admittedly this much rotation is not likely to happen accidentally,
but a large amount of free movement of the whole reservoir is still
possible - which is more what I meant when I referred to rotation (wrong
choice of word probably!) In any case, the reservoir moves a lot from side
to side. In the second pump I received, it was possible to remove the
reservoir (with the door open) without lifting the catch across the neck,
which is not possible with the 507 or either of the other 508's and strikes
me as a fault.

I haven't had a response on the first pump yet, and the second and third
(both of which only arrived this week) are packaged up to be returned.

My nurse has a huge amount of experience with MM pumps (currently over 40
patients at the clinic on pumps, and she has been supporting pumps for
several years) so I trust her judgement when she says it doesn't look
"normal" or right.

I guess your suggestion of using the pump and checking every half hour etc
may work, but I still wouldn't have confidence to sleep with the pump even
after that. (Also checking every half hour is not the easiest thing for a
dentist to do, but I suppose I will if its essential.)

Using your loan one is a solution I like the sound of.... at least I'll know
it works! (not fussed about colour, just want a pump I can trust!!!)

I'll let you know what happens

Caroline