[IPk] Re: Minimed 508

Rosemary, thanks for you reply - I AM feeling very fed up!

I think the route of the problem is the driver arm disengaging from the
reservoir because you can see it happening as the reservoir rotates. My
problem with the rapid rise in blood sugar (and resulting problems) didn't
occur after disconnecting. I hadn't disconnected since setting the set up -
which I'm confident I did correctly (i.e there was definitely insulin at the
end of the tube before insertion etc) The only possible reason I can see for
a break in insulin delivery in this circumstance is the driver arms becoming
slightly separated from the plunger. (If you imagine - its like the
situation in where you run a prime during a reservoir change to "take up the
slack", but in this case the slack is caused by the wobbly reservoir)

My clinic is very knowledgable about pumps, and they agree there is a
problem. I didn't have a minimed rep, it was all done at my clinic.

Caroline