Re: [IPk] Minimed 508

Hi Caroline,

Like most people here, I really cannot see how to get a syringe to rotate in a 508, because the square end is fairly snug in the square hole which is formed when the door is shut.

Yes, it does move a little, but not 'rotate'.

I'm not sure what happened when you returned the first two pumps: do Medtronic say that they were faulty, or can they find no fault?  From what you've said, your nurse has no experience of the 508, so you may not have been properly trained.

Why not try the pump for boluses only for a few days or weeks, starting only with those boluses where you don't mind checking every half-hour for the next four hours.  Use the 507 for basal and correction boluses, and any food bolus where you don't want to do the testing.

If you still have problems ... have a 508 on loan at the moment, when mine is back, why don't I send my loan on to you? (If Medtronic are happy with this).  It's a boring charcoal one ....

Best wishes,

Pat
(dm 30+, 508 1+)