[IPk] John Neale's brain op

Hi everyone -

Just a quick update to explain why I have seemingling vanished from this
list unexpectededly...

About 7 days ago I was admitted to hospital unexpectedly in Freiburg,
Germany, on account of some headaches. They feared meningitis, but it
turned out to be a large brain tumour. I'm booked in for the big op on
Tuesday 10 September. In the meantime I'm on hydrocortisone to shrink the
brain. (I haven't explained that quite right, but I'm sure you get my
meaning...) They've taken me off my pump (wah wah wah!) but interestingly
have put me on an intravenous insulin drip instead. All my doses have gone
skewy, but that's mostly the cancer and the hydrocortisone - and I've found
German doctors get anxious when you try and run your own diabetes in a
hospital. That's life I suppose...

Best wishes -

John Neale

mailto:email @ redacted