[IPk] priming

I use the Disetronic H Tron and recently have noticed that when priming an
infusion set after putting in a new cartridge insulin has not began to run
into the tubing even when the entire 20 units has been used. It takes a second
prime  for insulin to appear in the tubing and an additional 15 units for
priming to be complete
I thought I had eliminated all but the smallest of air bubbles.
I wonder if I am allowing air back into the connecting part of the cartridge
when I remove the needle and attach it to the infusion set. I was concerned
that there may be an intermitant mechanical problem so that insulin is not
always ending up where it should be, but this problem does not seem to arise
when I change a new infusion set but use an old ie part full cartridge. There
is no leakage where the tubing connects to the cartridge
I wonder whether any one else has had this problem