[IPk] lantus

I wonder if your basal rates on pump vary much through the day. If you had
excellent control with lantus it suggests to me that you would not have widely
varying requirements throughout the day
Also are hypos on lantus as eay to detect/ deal with as hypos on the pump?
I imagine that the gradual steady absorption would lead to less precipitous
drops in BG and you would drop more gradually therefore being able to detect
and treat at a higher level and feeling less unwell as a result. Is this