Re: [IPk] Lantus

I had heard of this. The nurse at the GP's mentioned it a while back and
seemed to think it was a better idea than the pump, but I still would prefer
the pump. What I had been told, however, and what was on the report on the
BBC health site a little while ago, is that it replaces the need for both
long and short acting insulins. The nurse said that would probably mean
having to go back to set meal times and carbohydrate intakes. In my opinion,
This seems a backward step from using the pen system, which I am on now,
where, if say, I am ill and cannot eat or if I am working (5-7pm) I can test
my BG and inject accordingly. My lifestyle and job make it impossible to
stick to the 'old' routines.
The nurse didn't see it this way! But then, I guess the insulin is cheaper
than the pump!