Re: [IPk] Holiday pump problems

Hi Andy and al
Jamie had an odd problem a few weeks ago, the pump was set to bolus and just
froze with the bolus on it, doing nothing for about a minute, after which it
worked and did the bolus. Hannah at Medtronic didi not knwo the cause, then
last week on the way home from Scotland, we had the no delivery alarm, about
2 hours after changing the set for the 2nd time.No idea why and it seemed to
be working.
However it has been increasingly annoying in the past few months that at
least half of all the quick sets Jamie has inserted, if not more, have hit
blood vessels, normally smallish ones, but also one artery that spurted out
rather a large display of blood on disconnection( whcih drew an audience in
the theme park, people thinking he had been injured, and he was most
embarrassed). Sometimes I put a cold  compress on the skin first, but he is
not very ken on this - any suggetsions ?? anyone else having this problem ?

Debbie, Jamies Mum