Re: [IPk] Holiday pump problems

Hi Katharine,

It wasn't the erased basal rates problem.  I have heard about that one from other people - it's often caused by a static shock, I think.  I tried cleaning the battery contacts when Sam's problem occurred, but it didn't make any difference.  I guess the only answer to the "oily fingers" point is to wear plastic gloves to handle the batteries - a bit over the top perhaps and I wonder how many batteries would get dropped and roll away?

> From: "Katharine Bock" <email @ redacted>
> Date: Mon 02/Sep/2002 09:33 GMT

> Is this the problem where the pump erases all the basal rates etc and
> gives an e-01 alarm?  Mine had a fit of doing that about 3 months ago-
> not just on pressing the button but on any movement .  This problem
> happened about six months after a previous problem with in which the "ver
> 61bib" message that you get on changing the batteries appeared every time
> I pressed a button - seeming to indicate a temporary power loss.
> The first prob was solved by cleaning the battery contacts and the second
> by completely changing the battery holder.  I think that the battery
> holder is the weakest part of the 508 actually - it's not particularly
> foolproof and it's impossible to get the batteries in without
> over-handling them - which I am told gets oil from fingers on them and
> reduces the effectiveness of the contacts.  Or maybe I'm just
> particularly oily......
> Katharine

Freeserve AnyTime, only #13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890