Re: [IPk] Funding / Waiting

In message <email @ redacted>, Nick Klee
<email @ redacted> writes
>I've been in touch with my Endocrinologist at my clinic re. getting a
>pump.  He has told me that if I want funding the health authority insist
>that I am referred to a Dr. Pickup at Guys Hospital.  He has done this for
>me.  Has anybody else been referred here and do you have any ideas how long
>the wait for an appointment is?
The wait for an appointment (for me, several years ago) was four months
(I think).  I imagine that more and more doctors are going to know Dr
Pickup's name, and insist that patients are sent there ... odd that it's
the health authority doing it (unless you are in the Guys area, of
course) as there are two other centres (that I know of) in London (Kings
and Royal Free).

Best wishes,

dm30+, 508 5months +, Dr Pickup 4years+
Pat Reynolds