RE: [IPk] Funding / Waiting

Hi Nick

I see Dr Pickup, the wait at the moment is about 4 months for
an appointment I understand.  I was referred to him by my
consultant who told me that my control was too good to get
funding!  I forced him to refer me really and I am now tring
to get funding.  My GP wrote on my behalf about 2 and half
months ago and I followed up his letter a couple of weeks
later with a letter of my own, spreadsheets and graphs of
pre- and post-pump results and some relevent case-studies for
my particular circumstances (good Hba1c's but severe, daily,
night-time hypoglycaemia).  I am still waiting to hear.  They
have not even acknowledged receipt of the letters.

IDDM 25 yrs, pump 2 months
Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader