[IPk] funding

Hi all , I have been trying to gain funding for my pump for the last year
and have written a lot of letters! This week I received a letteera Hazel
Bleakes? from the Dept of healththe interesting part is her statement that
`Hospital consultants may prescribe equipment such as insulin pymps as part
of H~NHS treatment either permanently or on loan, and in these circumstances
no charge may be email @ redacted Surely ALL our pumps are prescribed as the Companies
won't supply them without a Drs recommendation.
She also mentions the National Service Framework for Diabetes which will be
published this year and implemented in 2002. ,The aim is to improve health
outcomes for people with Diabetes, by raising the quality of services ANd
reducing variations between them. The NSF will set national standards and
define service models, and the use of insulin pumps willbe included in its
consideration of best practisce'
I thought this was worth sharing but I'm still no further with my fub#nding
-Back to my soapbox! Carmel