[IPk] Carbs in Ciders

A while ago there was discussion about the carbs in ciders and narrowing the values down a bit ...

Getting away from listings for dry, medium and sweet etc., this is what Ive found for some traditional ciders

Dunkertons were unable to give me carb figures but their Organic Traditional Dry has no added sugar and shouldnt cause too much of a problem.  Beware of one of their organics though .  After drinking some and getting a Bg of 13.9, I read the back of the bottle and found that the cider contained a small amount of inorganic beet sugar.  Hmm.

These people were very helpful and sent me the following figures:

                           % Sucrose                %
Stowford Press               2.6
Marcle Millennium            2.6
Stowford Press LA            3.1
Scrumpy Supreme              1.8
O/c Strong Med Dry           2.6
O/c Strong Extra Dry         0.5
O/c Strong Med Sweet         5.2
Henry Westons Vintage        2.3                            Organic                      2.6                            Vintage                      1.8

Again, very helpful and came back with these estimated figures of grams carb per litre:

Single Varietal
Katy			28
Tremletts Bitter	19
Spartan		        44
Cox			50
Bruscatio		59

Millfield		28
Old Rascal		28
Premium Press	        28
White Magic		22

(Hopefully the columns will hold once in the email message!)

I hope this helps anyone who is/was curious.