[IPk] calculating insulin doses

Hello everyone,

I have read very precise statements from some of you
about 1 unit of insulin reducing your bg by 3.6 or
some such. I was wondering how you test this? (Bear
with me if this is something really basic that a
pumper of 4 months should know!).
Do you wait til you have a highish bg then bolus 1
unit and keep testing?! Can it be worked out just by
looking at a day's results? How does the basal rate
come into it?
Oh, so many questions, I know but I am curious.

Good HBA1c news: When I started the pump in May it was
10.2, my test last week was 8.3 :-) Yes, I know that
8.3 is still too high, but...

Cheers all

Jenny Davey
Mathematics Department