RE: [IPk] Minimed 508 volume problem

Yes, I always do the same thing.
The reason is that when there are only a few units left in the reservoir, there
often isn't enough pressure to deliver the last bit of insulin, so you get the
no delivery alarm.
When you detach the reservoir, even if you depress the plunger all the way down
to get rid of the last bit of insulin, if you really squeeze the plunger you
can get a few more drops of insulin out. The pump mechanism is such that it
never that final bit of pressure (because clearly that would be dangerous).
Di

 > Elizabth's tip about inputting a volume of 10 units less
than > you read on the syringe when replacing the reservoir is a > good one.  I
actually lost delivery following a low volume > warning because when looking at
the syringe there appeared to > be about 8 units left and I didn't think there
was a problem. > If you look when the syringe is empty (from the top as it is