RE: [IPk] Minimed 508 volume problem

>>Ive come across 1 quite significant problem where my pump
is not
corresponding to the amount of insulin I have in the

Elizabth's tip about inputting a volume of 10 units less than
you read on the syringe when replacing the reservoir is a
good one.  I actually lost delivery following a low volume
warning because when looking at the syringe there appeared to
be about 8 units left and I didn't think there was a problem.
If you look when the syringe is empty (from the top as it is
when in the pump)it does appear that the base of the black
plunger does not actually go to bottom (either a refraction
effect or my eyesite!).  I always input 10 units less for the
volume as well now.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader