RE: [IPk] Minimed 508 volume problem

Hi Catherine -

When you refill a reservoir for your 508, you have to specify how many units
are in the reservoir before you prime. I generally do a full fill, so after
I push insulin out I have anywhere between 270 and 300 units left in the
reservoir. I find, for safety's sake, it's good to program 10 units less
than I have. So, if I have 280 units in the reservoir, I tell the pump I
have 270. That means I get a low volume alarm well in advance of when I have
a low volume.