RE: [IPk] Guy's Hospital

hen I was trying to persuade my consultant  to let me use a pump again
his reasons were precisely the cost of support from a ,medical@ team
whilst I was on the pump. The nurse  Sara at Minimed was brilliant and I
had every confidence in her as she had obviously troubleshot? all the
problems She was always there if \i needed and phoned frequently in the
first few weeks. It must cost the pump companies a great deal to provide
this service, and if I had a problem now I certainly wouldn't contact the
DSN's at the clinic as I know I am one of only 2 @ Bart's and I know
they can't have the experience Carmel

W >From: John Neale <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: RE:
[IPk] Guy's Hospital >Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:54:28 +0200 > >To set the
record straight... as far as I know, in Britain, if the hospital >wants
it (and not all do) MiniMed and Disetronic will send in their own >staff
free of charge to train you and any staff at the hospital. They will
>also continue with personal 24hr telephone support. It's in the pump
>companies' interest to have well trained pumpers and support staff.
Nothing >will cut their sales better than a few horror stories hitting
the press... > >I can't imagine who in their ignorance thought a sum of
9000 pounds was >going to be needed :-) > >John > >--