RE: antibiotics was RE: [IPk] Terminology control

> Topical antibiotic? That sounds like Any Questions.
> Could someone explain.
> >
> > Cam anyone tell me why you can't treat site infections with a topical
> > antibiotic?

Sure, piece of cake. Topical antibiotics are for surface infections,
like a scratch or abrasion. They do NOT work for site infections
because an infusion site is a DEEP wound. Topical antibiotics never
reach the infection in a deep wound and do nothing more than promote
a false sense of security.