Re: [IPk] Insulin availability; was "insulin abuse"

In message <email @ redacted
om>, Elizabeth OShea <email @ redacted> writes
>If we did do a user guide, I suggest it be presented as downloadable word or
>pdf files, so medical staff and diabetes volunteers could print it off for
>new pumpers who didn't have web access.
Only if they are _also_ there as html - pdf files are the bain of my
life, as they often have too small a print for me to read on screen
(yes, you can enlarge it, but then you get scrollers wrist-ache).

My eyes, despite an awful lot of laser treatment, are still good enough
to keep my driving licence ... but there are an awful lot of diabetics
out there who while not using screen-readers, have eyes at the stage
where pdf is a pain.

I'd say 'go with word', but it isn't universally readable.  I suggest
high quality html for first choice, with good old ascii as a back-up.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 4months+, all set for another evening with books, cats and a
big bowl of chilli
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)