Re: [IPk] Insulin availability; was "insulin abuse"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elizabeth OShea" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 11:09 AM
Subject: RE: [IPk] Insulin availability; was "insulin abuse"

> >But a user guide by users sounds great. Do you volunteer to be
> coordinator???

Not right now, but I can certainly help with support, sponsorship, and
recognition through IDF and all national associations.

> If we did do a user guide, I suggest it be presented as downloadable word
or
> pdf files, so medical staff and diabetes volunteers could print it off for
> new pumpers who didn't have web access.
>
> A few of us talked briefly off list about another type of guide for type I
> diabetes in general that would provide things like sliding scales based on
> carb ratios, sick day info based on insulin ratios, that could be used by
> medical staff who now provide a one-size-fits-all (when it patently
> doesn't!) information sheet. And Julian is looking at a sort of diabetes
> scorecard to help people set and manage goals.

What about a book? I know a publisher who would be interested. He was asking
me about a text for people trying to take charge of their diabetes around a
year ago, and he's published several other books on diabetes, so he would be
a good bet. It does need an overall co-ordinator though. Ideally someone
with experience such as John ?