RE: [IPk] Humalog activity curves: was insulin sensitivity : pulses or continuous del

>Actually, I'd like some Actrapid
to use as a back-up 'long acting' insulin, as I think I could manage a
six-hour sleep on that.

I actually got a supply of souble recently, Pat, for this very reason. I had
a dream one night that my pump malfunctioned on a Friday evening at 9.30pm.
All my longer acting insulins in both the dreaming and the waking had
expired, so I got my doctor to add a prescription to my book so if the
horrible does happen, I will still be able to sleep. I also don't want to
mess with the longer acting insulins if my pump packs it in. If I use
soluble I can be back to normal as soon as I've a replacement pump. If I'm
using something longer, it's just a pain.