[IPk] Guy's Hospital

I have recently been referred by my GP (who also manages my diabetes) to
Guy's Hospital investigate starting on a pump.  I am aware from some
people's comments on the list that they either are or were at Guy's and I
would be interested in their comments on the following.

1:  How long did it take between GP referral and your first appointment at
2:  Do Guy's try to manage your diabetes by tuning your existing methods
first or is the referral to look into pumps straight away.  Do most people
referred end up with a pump?
3:  How long did it take to get a pump from the time of the first
4:  How are the pumps/consumables funded at Guy's?  What are the chances of
getting on a trial with a supplied pump?  Does the funding depend on where
you were referred from?
5:  Once on a pump do you stay under the control of Guy's or are you
eventually referred back to your local hospital/GP.

Sorry to ask so many questions.  I am keen to find out more about what my
options are and how things are likely to proceed from here.  I accept that
everybody is different and therefore their experiences will be different,
but I would be interested to know what happened to other people and whether
there is any consensus that emerges.

	Colin - 33, IDDM 17Yrs

Colin Kerry, Principal Research Engineer, Systems
BAE SYSTEMS Advanced Technology Centre - Gt Baddow
Chelmsford, Essex. CM2 8HN.
Tel: 01245 242136. Fax: 01245 242124 Email: email @ redacted

Any information contained within this e-mail is offered in good faith and
shall not be contractually binding on and does not necessarily reflect the
views of BAE SYSTEMS (Operations) Limited.