Re: [IPk] Insulin availability; was "insulin abuse"

Pat you are correct to avoid a confrontation. What is interesting is that
Disetronic pumps use insulin cartridges, which I would assume can be changed
independently of the infusion set. The worry with minimed is that opening
the set to replace it may increase the risk of bacteria entering the
infusion set. The only way to completely prevent this is to always replace
everything at once, at whatever interval you choose.

It's good to see the hospital making use of your expertise. I wonder if
people in this list would be interested in writing a guide for users, by
users? It would make an interesting supplement to the manufacturers' and
professionals' materials.