Re: [IPk] Insulin availability; was "insulin abuse"

In message <l03130306b7b425472883@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>>People on this group have said that it's possible to change just the
>>set, but my nurse said no, and seeing as my supplies are 100% funded,
>>it's not an issue.
>Hmmm. Free at the point of delivery. Since all British tax payers are
>paying for your consumables, don't you think that gives you an extra moral
>insentive to minimise your consumption?
Yeah, I should ... but how much would that save, compared to, say, the
added costs which the doctors are putting onto the system every day by
failing to invest in proper patient education, and pumps?

I'll ask next time I go to the hospital, but if they still say 2 days,
I'm not going to piss them off for the sake of a few hundred quid a
year, and risk them taking my pump away, thereby loosing to the tune of
thousands a year!

I've volunteered to do some teaching at the hospital - I think that will
save the NHS far more.

Best wishes,

DM30+, 508 4months+
Pat Reynolds